Serbian Country Facts
Landlocked country with a history of metal mining dating back to Roman times.
- Well educated and modern population with an international outlook, welcoming of foreign investment.
- Highly skilled and affordable labour.
- International airports at Belgrade and Nis, high quality road network, good power, water, and rail infrastructure.
TAXATION & BUSINESS
- Favourable business jurisdiction as an EU candidate with political stability, GDP est. +4.2% 2018 and +3.5% 2019 (IMF)
- 15% corporate tax and 100% foreign ownership and repatriation of profits.
NEW MINING LAW ENACTED IN DECEMBER 2015:
- 5% net smelter return
- Business friendly environment. Transparent and fast process for company registration.
WELL ESTABLISHED MINING INDUSTRY
A long history of mining includes large Yugoslav mining complexes of the 20th Century such as Bor (copper & gold mining and smelter) and Trepca (multiple lead-zinc mines and smelter accounting for 70% of Yugoslavia's mineral wealth in the 1980's). More recent mining and development projects include Rio Tinto’s Jadar Boron Project, Dundee Precious Metals’ Timok Gold Project and Zijin Mining’s Bor Copper-Gold Complex that includes the Cukaru Peki deposit initially discovered by Reservoir Minerals.